Career Opportunity – Civil Engineer
PEAKURBAN is seeking a highly motivated Civil Engineer to join our Urban Development team. The successful candidate would ideally have 3-5 years’ experience with site supervision and administrating civil construction contracts. The successful candidate will report to our Principal Engineers and be located in our Brisbane office.
- Targeted professional development and opportunities for career progression
- Large Scale Urban Development Projects
- Growing pipeline of new and exciting projects
- Work with some of Australia’s leading developers
PEAKURBAN is a multi-disciplinary consultancy business. We specialise in civil and water resources engineering, town planning and urban design. Working with leading Australian and international property developers, PEAKURBAN offers an integrated selection of capabilities and services including site acquisition and due diligence advice, master planning and urban design, development applications and approvals, detailed engineering design, stormwater and flood reporting, tender and contract documentation and contract administration services.
Specifically, we are seeking a highly motivated and ambitious Civil Engineer with proven experience working the urban development sector.
- Assist the Project Manager to deliver urban development projects which involves administering contracts under AS2124 or AS4000;
- Preparation and management of relevant authority approvals required for construction of civil works;
- Carrying out compliance inspections (i.e. proof rolls, steel etc)
- Providing explanations and clarifications of design intent to contractors and responding to contractor further information requests;
- Processing of payment claims, variations and extension of time requests from contractors;
- Carrying out on and off maintenance inspections with relevant authorities;
- Ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with the Company’s guidelines and HSEQ system.
The following selection criteria should be addressed in your application –
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering;
- Demonstrated experience administering contracts under AS2124 or AS4000;
- A demonstrated knowledge of relevant legislations and standards within SE Qld;
- Ability to provide excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- A commitment in providing high quality client service.
We are a business that rewards people for effort, results and delivering exceptional client outcomes. A focused professional development program will be created for you to ensure promotional opportunities are available in the future.
To apply you must have recent experience working in a similar role, together with current and ongoing legal right to live and work in Australia.
To confidentially apply for this role, please send your cover letter and CV to: email@example.com or apply online below.