Career Opportunity – Water Resources Engineer
PEAKURBAN is seeking a highly motivated Water Resource Engineer to join our Stormwater and Flooding team. The successful candidate will report to our Director of Water & Environment and be located preferably in our Sunshine Coast office though consideration would be given to our Brisbane office.
- Targeted professional development
- Large Scale Urban Development Projects
- Growing pipeline of new and exciting projects
- Work with some of Australia’s leading developers
PEAKURBAN is a multi-disciplinary consultancy business. We specialise in town planning, urban design and civil and water resources engineering. Working with leading Australian and international property developers, PEAKURBAN offers an integrated selection of capabilities and services including site acquisition and due diligence advice, master planning and urban design, development applications and approvals, detailed engineering design, stormwater and flood reporting, tender and contract documentation and contract administration services.
Specifically, we are seeking a highly motivated and ambitious Water Resources Engineer with proven experience in the preparation of Stormwater Management Plans and Flood modelling. The position will report to the Director – Water & Environment.
- Assessment of water related impacts – hydrologic, flooding and water quality associated with infrastructure, mining and development projects;
- Undertake conceptual and detailed engineering design and investigations of civil and stormwater infrastructure including earthworks, drainage, basins, dams, etc;
- Undertake project management and client management duties for projects and complete report writing and presentation needs as projects require;
- Client satisfaction levels based on formal and informal feedback;
- Ability to interpret and communicate complex technical information to clients in a simplified manner
- Ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with the Company’s guidelines and HSEQ system.
The following selection criteria should be addressed in your application –
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil or Environmental Engineering;
- Demonstrated experience in hydrological/hydraulic analysis (1D, 2D and rain-on-grid), flood risk management, stormwater quality/quantity modelling, stormwater infrastructure design and technical reporting;
- Demonstrated experience using computer software including 12D, TUFLOW, XPRAFTS/WBNM, HEC-RAS, QGIS, MUSIC;
- A demonstrated knowledge of relevant legislations and standards within SE Qld;
- Ability to provide excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- A commitment in providing high quality client service.
We are a business that rewards people for effort, results and delivering exceptional client outcomes. A focused professional development program will be created for you to ensure promotional opportunities are available in the future.
To apply you must have recent experience working in a similar role, together with current and ongoing legal right to live and work in Australia.
To confidentially apply for this role, please send your cover letter and CV to: email@example.com or apply online below.
|Job Category||Engineering (Stormwater)|